- Judge Jorge Luis Alonso had 888 new cases and issued 168 opinions in the past ten years.
- From 2014 to present, Judge Jorge Luis Alonso has denied 43% of motions for class certification, compared to Judge John Robert Blakey who has denied 56% of motions for class certification.
- From 2009 to 2016, 80% of Judge Jorge Luis Alonso’s decisions were affirmed on appeal, compared to 60% for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 2003 - Present: United States District Court, Northern Illinois
- 1991 - 2003: Cook County, Assistant Public Defender
- Circuit Court, First Municipal District, Traffic Court, Associate Judge
- Circuit Court, Second Municipal District, Associate Judge
Jorge Luis Alonso is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and former Illinois state judge. Alonso was born in 1966 in Sagua La Grande, Las Villas, Cuba. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1988 from the University of Miami. He received a Juris Doctor in 1991 from the George Washington University Law School. He served as an Assistant Public Defender in the Office of the Cook County Public Defender from 1991 to 2003, where he represented indigent individuals in both civil and criminal proceedings. From 2003 to 2014, he served as an Associate Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County, a state trial court of general jurisdiction.
- 1991 - Admitted, Illinois
- 1991 - The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America, J.D.
- 1991 - University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, United States of America Admitted: Illinois
United States District Court, East Texas
Everett McKinley Dirksen United States Courthouse
219 South Dearborn Street Chicago, Illinois 60604 Cook County U.S.A.
Phone: (555) 555-1234
Fax: (555) 555-5678